fbpx

Titan Extruder

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    phongshaderphongshader
    Participant

I’m assembling the extruder I do have and I ran into this problem, the bore of the extruder idler lever is too small to fit over the stepper motor shaft. I’ve never assembled one before but according to the instructions the stepper motor should spin freely after assembly and this will not.

Quote:

Try to rotate the large acetal gear to see if it moves smoothly.

Do I use a drill bit to hone out the bore or do I get a new extruder idler lever that works with a 5mm stepper motor shaft?
    [attachment=1]extruder_lever.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]stepper_shaft.jpg[/attachment]

dandan
    Participant

Interesting issue. I’ve not seen this before. It should just fit over the shaft. I can’t see any reason why reaming the diameter wouldn’t work, as longs as it’s not too loose.

Just a tip for the remainder, don’t overtighten the plastic case screws to prevent binding of the gears.

dandan
    Participant

Having measured my stock here. It appears your motor shaft dimensions are slightly out. My extruder idler arm measure 4.95 and motor shaft 4.95. If its not too difficult, can you swap that motor for another?

phongshaderphongshader
    Participant

Honing the lever with a drill bit did the job!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Facebook Instagram YouTube