fbpx

Repetier 1.0.4 problems

Forums The Beast V1, V2 and Elevator 3D Printer Support Repetier 1.0.4 problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    phongshaderphongshader
    Participant

I’m trying to get linear advance working with no luck. After some Googling around I read a that repetier ver 1.0.4 was the version to use to get the best results so I updated. Once updated I started having some weird problems. I ran a test print after the upgrade and it printed but bed leveling must have been off, re-leveled the bed using the lcd then did a distortion map and ran the same test print and the steppers went nuts…z motor was struggling to move, Ext0 was retracting. I turned the printer off and on, then tried to home z axis and the same thing happened. I reloaded the firmware that came with the printer, 1.0.2, and it ran fine. I did a side by side comparison of the configuration.h files in vscode to see if anything was different and they were identical with the exception of some comments and Russian language additions. I reloaded 1.0.4 and it ran as expected no more problems with homing the z axis until I ran the distortion map routine then it was back to the steppers doing weird things not in the config file…Has anyone here updated Repeteir to 1.0.4?

dandan
    Participant

You should be able to get lin advance (Y) working with 1.0.3.

When you say “no luck” can you expand on that please? Did nothing at all occur? 1.0.4 is still a dev version.

phongshaderphongshader
    Participant

I will try 1.0.3. I should start a new thread for others to follow for linear advance.

Nev Bullnevbull
    Participant

I’ve had no luck with Linear Advance either – tried generative Gcode so test a whole range of values from 0 to 250 – but nothing seems to have any effect.Enabled advance in the firmware and changed the values to M233 Yxxx

dandan
    Participant

I’m assuming you ran M502 and M500 after enabling?

dandan
    Participant

Also. Try playing with your e jerk and e acceleration. When mine was too high I got lots of beeping from the e motor and nothing happened with Lin advance changes.

Regardless, clearly the Rep 1.0.x implementation of this feature is a work in progress as is quadratic advance. So as an early Christmas present, I’ll configure a copy of Marlin 2 for y’all to play with today. It’s implementation of Lin advance is slightly different however you should be able to use it out of the box. Marlin 2 is a memory hungry beast though. Not sure if Multi grid bed (distortion) mapping works on the Rumba as it runs out of memory. I’ll try to free up whatever I can by cutting useless features. Gimme a few hours.

Dan

dandan
    Participant
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Facebook Instagram YouTube