fbpx

MultiMaterial 2/1 Printer Settings

Forums The Beast V1, V2 and Elevator 3D Printer Support MultiMaterial 2/1 Printer Settings

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    dandan
    Participant

Im suprised it doesnt retract between purgeblock and part – never noticed. It my be possible to use Simplify 3D post processing script with search and replace.

Please send your Gcode and I’ll see if these a pattern I can figure out.

https://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=7385

phongshaderphongshader
    Participant

Hi Dan, I pointed you to the wrong post. The issue I’m having

phongshader wrote:

when I print multi material on the 1st tool change the 2nd material never gets primed, that is when the 1st filament is changed the 2nd filament is 36mm away from the nozzle when it starts printing and I have to manually push the filament 36mm so that it extrudes to the purge block. Every tool change after that works as it should.

How do you have the Tool Change Script in S3D setup to work?

This would be nice to have

phongshader wrote:

I’ve been able to get prints that don’t string with a retraction around 3.5mm. However when I do a multi material print I get stringing between the purge block and the part. To get rid of that stringing I have to up the retraction to 12mm. Is there a way to setup S3D to only retract 12mm between the purge block and the part? There is a tool change retraction setting under Other in Process in S3D, 36mm retraction, but that is for actual filament change. There is no tool/filament change going from the purge block to the part.

This may be an S3D issue, hopefully you have some insight.

dandan
    Participant

I believe your issue has been reported elsewhere https://forum.simplify3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=12966 I don’t think there’s much you can do about this bug until S3D release an update.

S3D is painfully buggy and well in need of atleast a service patch.

I’d move to Cura if I were you. It has some really cool features such as my fav fuzzy walls. It too has bugs, but atleast they’re fixed regularly.

I use the Medusa System, which doesnt require priming.

phongshaderphongshader
    Participant

this script was sent to me from S3D support and it appears to work for me. Drop this in Scripts > Tool Change Script as is:

G92 E0 ; zero extruded length

G1 E-[toolchange_retract_distance] F[toolchange_retract_speed] ; toolchange retract

T[new_tool] ; perform toolchange

G1 E[toolchange_prime_distance] F[toolchange_retract_speed] ; toolchange prime

It will fill in the appropriate variables based on the tool being changed to. You should then set up the Tool Change retraction settings in the Other tab as you want them.

dandan
    Participant

Nice once. I’ll be interested to give it a go.

phongshaderphongshader
    Participant

I’m still trying to dial out this blob I’m getting at the beginning of every extrusion. I’ve tried a coast at the end of each extrusion starting at 0mm > 4mm
    Yikes!! no photos?!? I’ll try to explain but it may take a thousand words instead of a picture ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    With a coast at the end of an extrusion the blob does not decrease in size but just moves whatever the length of the coast is, that is 0mm coast the blob is at the end of the extrusion and at 4mm coast the blob is 4mm from the end of the extrusion. So no change in the blob with coasting, it must be at the beginning of the extrusion…let’s try adjusting the restart after a retraction at the start of the line. Starting with 6mm retraction and full restart the blob is there, all the way down to a 6mm retraction with a -8mm restart the blob is still there, it’s a little thinner but after the blob the extrusion is very thin, it takes about 15 mm to get to full extrusion. So what should I do to at least minimize if not do away with this blob? It seems that no matter what I do the blob is there regardless of coast or or restart distance and even with no retraction/restart it’s there! What’s more confusing, with all of the adjustments, it remains the same size!?!

cultivate3dcultivate3d
    Keymaster

Ill check out that photo issues. Teething issues myself.

Cant you just change to Cura and be done with it?

cultivate3dcultivate3d
    Keymaster

Image upload working now.

phongshaderphongshader
    Participant

coast z seam

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by phongshaderphongshader.
    cultivate3dcultivate3d
    Keymaster

You’re dealing with a known bug in s3D. For some stupid reason, it retracts between inner and outer walls. Nothing I’ve found in S3D prevents this. Until they release version 5, I can’t see any solution. Cura in the other hand doesn’t do this.

phongshaderphongshader
    Participant

loaded up Cura and will start testing today

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Facebook Instagram YouTube