fbpx

Multi Material Hotend Blocked

Forums The Beast V1, V2 and Elevator 3D Printer Support Multi Material Hotend Blocked

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ironwoodironwood

Hi, My printer is well calibrated however it seems not be heating the filament well enough to continue printing. My temperature is currently set at 210 degrees but still getting stuck in the Nozzle.

any one has experienced similar issue?

thanks.

dandan
    Participant

Anyone who’s owns a 3D printer has had this. What sort of hotend do you have? Multimaterial, v6 or other?

ironwoodironwood

Hi Dan, good to hear that! I have the 2/1 Multimaterial Hotend.

dandan
    Participant

OK. So lets get some more information in order to make an accurate diagnosis :

Does this occur mid print? Ie, does it occur mid layer, or layer change or after retraction?

Are you using 2 materials? Does it occur after a tool change? What is your tool change retraction distance? 41 or 34? – change to 34.

Is the print stopping with an DEC or DEF errors? (Do a PID autotune M303 E0 C8 S200 with your part fan on say 50%).

A photo of a failed print would help heaps.

ironwoodironwood

it happens just at the beginning, the printers doesn’t stop, it keeps the printing patterns but without releasing the material.

I am currently using only one material.

dandan
    Participant

And if you look at your LCD, do you get and DEC or DEF messages in the top left hand corner. If unsure, can you please start a print, wait for it to fail and take a picture of your main LCD screen.

ironwoodironwood

it happens just at the beginning, the printers doesn’t stop, it keeps the printing patterns but without releasing the material.

I am currently using only one material.

the printer doesn’t stop. no message on the screen, I did run it for 19 min without stopping, I had to manually stop it, was just forcing the extruder.

dandan
    Participant

Does the extruder gear turn while the rest of the printer is moving around? Or is the printer moving and extruder gear stopped?

ironwoodironwood

Yes, The extruder gear turn when the printer is moving

dandan
    Participant

You have a blocked hotend – either blocked nozzle or blocked coldzone from heatcreep.

Heatcreep (how to prevent) :https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1AVNE_enAU639AU639&ei=r7EXXtb_OrDez7sP0IC4mAo&q=3D+Printer+heatcreep&oq=3D+Printer+heatcreep&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i71l8.14072.15759..15928…0.2..0.496.2675.0j1j1j1j4……0….1..gws-wiz.9VqAYcbyOoU&ved=0ahUKEwiWk63Y0PfmAhUw73MBHVAADqMQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

Blocked Nozzle : This is very common. https://www.google.com/search?q=3D+Printer+clean+blocked+nozzle&rlz=1C1AVNE_enAU639AU639&oq=3D+Printer+clean+blocked+nozzle&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.6407j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Easiest way to clean it is with an airbrush needle or more fiddly you could dismantle your hotend.

Why does heatcreep occur? Most commonly, printing too fine layer heights too slow – filament moving through hotend too slowly softening filament in the “cold zone” . Another cause of blocked hotend is too much retract distance – pulling soft filament into the cold zone. For Multimaterial hotend also check your tool change retraction distance. If you have an NF TC02 hotend, reduce your tool change retraction distance to 34mm.

I’d also bet you have a lot of chewed filament in your bowden tube. Preheat your hotend and remove and discard all the filament in your bowden tube before attempting to restart any prints.

dandan
    Participant

edit: Title changed to more relevant description.

ironwoodironwood

Hi, I tried the steps and still cant the printer working, I cleaned the hotend, but still not getting it to work.

dandan
    Participant

You really need to be more descriptive. What you are saying is that you cannot unblock your hotend is that correct?

Have you confirmed if your hotend is actually blocked?

If you don’t know if your hotend is blocked, lets start from square one.

First we need to find out where the problem lies – extruder or hotend.

1)Preheat your hotend to 200 deg C

2)Remove BOTH bowden tubes from your hotend by pressing downward on the red tube “collar” and pulling up on the bowden tube.

3)Cut any filament flush with both bowden tubes

4)Use the LCD to extrude say 100mm of filament, given the mixing nature of your hotend, 50mm should come out of each bowden tube – Does this occur?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Facebook Instagram YouTube