fbpx

Layer Shifts / Multi Material 50% Under Extrusion

Forums The Beast V1, V2 and Elevator 3D Printer Support Layer Shifts / Multi Material 50% Under Extrusion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    dandan
    Participant

It’s not possible to have over extrusion during a print but not when manually extruding, unless a sliver setting such as 2.0 extrusion multiplier is screwing with things. The manual command for extruding 100mm is exactly the same as that used in gcode. I’m going to have a think about this and get back a little later on. Perhaps we need to do a teamviewer and FaceTime?

dandan
    Participant

A few more questions:

On your LCD during print, what is your flow multiplier set to? It should be 100%.

Can you please post a photo of one of these over extruded test cubes?

Also can you perhaps for giggles download the single hotend profile and use it to slice the test cube and print then photograph the results?

dandan
    Participant

And one more thing. Any chance you’re printing while connected to repetier host? Can you check the “flow” slider there is set to 100% too?

dandan
    Participant

And one more thing. Before you do your next test print can you please check your extruders acceleration and retract acceleration is set no higher than 200 (for testing purposes). When printing does your extruder make any beeping noises when retracting?

dandan
    Participant

And another. The more I think about this, the more ridiculous your 835 setting is. Don’t change it back yet but….

Ensure your LCD flow multiplier is set to 100%. This should reset if you power cycle your printer.

Next open repetier host, connect and ensure the flow multiplier is set to 100% too.

Leave printer connected to rep host. Pre Heat hotend

Remove Bowden tube from hotend and trim filament flush with tube

Now from the gcode section run G1 E100 and measure the filament that comes out.

mr.smr.s

The flow multiplier has always been at 100%.

Not sure where I can see it on Repetier. Is it the bar called feedrate in the Manual Control tab? That’s at 100 as well.

I can’t find those cubes anymore (I printed 2, just to make sure the first wasn’t a mistake). I threw them away. Both of them had a big lump protruding out of the Y face, and the other surfaces were all bumpy and lacking detail as well.

Accelerations are way higher than 200, but the extruder is not skipping steps or making any beeping noises.

I took the value down from 5000 to 200 for the test. Exactly 100mm of filament came out.

dandan
    Participant

Please slice and print that test cube again with the single v6 hotend profile downloadable from our website and send a picture, overextruded or not. I need to see it from side on and from top so layers and lines clearly visible.

dandan
    Participant

And keep the extruder acceleration low for the moment please.

dandan
    Participant

I’m still wondering why your steps per mm is double the norm. Your microstepping jumpers look correct (16x) however this 835 steps per mm figure would indicate you’re running at 32x. I wonder what would happen if you swapped your x stepper driver for an extruder stepper driver then tried to extrude 100mm? This would cancel a strangely faulty driver out of the equation. The drivers are the ones we supplied correct?

I’ll be going camping until tomorrow evening. Not sure how the reception will be but bare with me if I can’t get back to you right away.

Dan

mr.smr.s

I’ll do the tests with the singe v6 hotend profile and low acceleration.

I’ll swap out the driver with the x axis one as well.

Before I do that, do I need to change anything else other than the nozzle size from 0.4 to 0.8?

The drivers were replaced with these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075XH1TSJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They should be the correct replacement, right?

dandan
    Participant

Hmmm???

“ KINGPRINT DRV8825 Stepper Motor Driver Module with Heat Sink for 3D Printer Rrerap Ramps 1.4 A4988”.

Does that mean you have A4988 or DRV8825’s? It says both. Can only be one or the other.

Can you please send a picture of what you have?

mr.smr.s

It’s the right one.

What about the settings for Simplify3D. DO I need to change anything else?

dandan
    Participant

Ok. So you’ve got the correct ones. Never used big tree tech 8825s before. Wondering if they’re the same as the others. Not to worry. Let me know how you go with that print.

mr.smr.s

I need to know what parameters I need to change to the default profile to go from 0.4 to 0.8, other than nozzle size, obviously.

Please let me know.

dandan
    Participant

Nozzle size. That’s it

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Facebook Instagram YouTube