fbpx

filament sensors

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    phongshaderphongshader
    Participant

They don’t seem to work as a pair. If both sensors have filament and E0 triggers nothing happens, the printer happily keeps printing. If both sensors have filament and E1 triggers the printer runs M600 as expected. On closer examination if E0 is triggered only E0 is open E1 is still closed and the printer continues to run, if E1 is triggered and open then both E0 and E1 are triggered and the printer runs M600. This is dependent on the order the sensors are plugged into the filament out adapter as well. When I switched the order on the adapter it it also switched the order of how E0 and E1 react when triggered. That being said how do I set this up so that each sensor will start M600 when triggered instead of only the last sensor plugged into the filament out adapter.

cultivate3dDan
    Keymaster

Sounds like it’s not plugged in correctly. They should both trigger. Can you send a photo of how they’re connected to the cpu quad fan adapter and also how that is connected to the board?

phongshaderphongshader
    Participant
    phongshaderphongshader
    Participant

any thoughts?

phongshaderphongshader
    Participant

Bueller…Bueller…Bueller…

cultivate3dDan
    Keymaster

Sorry mate. Email notifications were down. M119 is your best friend. please see my response in your post frustration issues.

phongshaderphongshader
    Participant

Does this look correct?
    #define FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SENSOR
    #if ENABLED(FILAMENT_RUNOUT_SENSOR)
    #define FIL_RUNOUT_ENABLED_DEFAULT true
    #define NUM_RUNOUT_SENSORS 1

#define FIL_RUNOUT_STATE LOW
    #define FIL_RUNOUT_PULLUP
    //#define FIL_RUNOUT_PULLDOWN

cultivate3dDan
    Keymaster

That does look correct. What did your experiments with M119 produce? If results were inverted to what was expected, you’ll need to adjust a different setting to invert the logic. Can’t recall off the top of my head where that is as on my phone. Maybe in the endstops section.

Dan

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Facebook Instagram YouTube