fbpx

Extruder temp/underextrusion

Forums The Beast V1, V2 and Elevator 3D Printer Support Extruder temp/underextrusion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    joshdp21joshdp21

Hello there!

I am relatively new to 3D printing and have been tasked with getting a Beast V1.2 up and running for my work. It was set up by someone before me and after going through the documentation, everything looks proper. The machine is set up with a single printhead and has the v6 hotend installed.

I am currently facing an under-extrusion problem which seems to be caused by a clogged nozzle/hotend assembly. So I cleaned it out today and ran some cleaning filament through the system directly by hand. When it was running clean, I removed it and tried to push some PLA-pro through the same way, but it seemed to be immediately clogged up again- no PLA would extrude, and it looks like the clog is back. I am cleaning again. In going back over things, I did not do the hot tighten as written per https://e3d-online.dozuki.com/Guide/V6+Assembly/6 as my printer only goes up to 240 degrees C and the hot tighten requires 285 degrees C.

My questions are:

Is it possible to increase the max allowed temperature The Beast V1.2 lets me set, and if so how?

Is it possible that the temperature sensor units is actually reading F instead of C and giving me lower temperatures?

Do you have any suggestions to avoid heat creep with the v6 hotend?

I am still researching and troubleshooting, but any help would be appreciated!

Thanks and happy printing!

-Josh

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Facebook Instagram YouTube