fbpx

COREXY Upgrade

Forums Hacks and Upgrades COREXY Upgrade

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tennotenno

Hello everyone (and Dan),

Due to the aging of my machine (beast 1.3?) and the current way it’s been acting up. I’m going to be turning it into a slightly different machine.

Currently my Beast is in single head mode and still using the Hbot configuration on the provided RUMBA board and the ATX powersupply.

The first upgrade that already was done was converting from a bowden fed in the back to a direct drive with a titan, this was then followed up by taking the mounting bracket from that conversion and using a BMG with a 3dpassion NOVA hotend.

Now though, because I’m still using the single end to produce 430×435 prints, and the complications from the board shorting out randomly. I’m going to be doing a few conversions to the Printer.

The first one is replacing the RUMBA with a DUET2 Wifi. (I have the parts and LED psu for it.) This is more of a quality of life improvement as I’ll need the 32 bit processing to do

CoreXY printing with Marlin. This is the end goal so I can run the prints at faster speeds, control nozzle pressure and eventually do tool switching with the board’s Duex5 expansion board. However to ensure this I’m also going to need linear rails.

What’s missing knowledge on my end is that I need:

An enclosure for the LED PSU so I don’t accidentally electrocute myself or anything, Preferably one that can mount to the 3030 aluminum bars.

Nylon washers to reduce vibration on the joints of the frame so that not only does it print quieter, it also reduces vibration that can mess with print accuracy.

Length of the 2040 Y bars and the 2040X bars so I know which 3030’s to order for this conversion (the lips on the 2040’s and positioning of the acrylic mounting plates will interfere with the linear rail installment, as they are too narrow.) and the length of Linear railing to install.

I’ll try and keep you guys posted with pictures and information as to how this conversion will be going.

dandan
    Participant

Sorry I missed your post. For some reason I’m not getting notifications!?? Watching with interest. Let us know how you go.

dandan
    Participant

Sorry I missed your post. For some reason I’m not getting notifications! Watching with interest. Let us know how you go.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Facebook Instagram YouTube