fbpx

Reply To: MultiMaterial 2/1 Printer Settings

Forums The Beast V1, V2 and Elevator 3D Printer Support MultiMaterial 2/1 Printer Settings Reply To: MultiMaterial 2/1 Printer Settings

phongshader
Participant

I have red tubing that shipped with the printer but it has had the ends trimmed enough times that it is now too short to reach the far corner of the bed.
Here are the two test files sliced in Cura. 7 had a ‘retraction extra prime amount” of -.2 and a “coasting volume” of .064, 8 had a ‘retraction extra prime amount” of -1 and a “coasting volume” of .096. Like I said there was a slight improvement over s3d.
I do have to say that the s3d walls look much better than the Cura walls…I think that has to do with the print order, that is s3d lays down the exterior walls first then the interior fill where as Cura lays down the interior fill first then the exterior walls and because of that the exterior walls are slightly distorted where the fill and the walls meet. You can see where the interior fill meets the exterior wall. Maybe that’s something that can be changed in the settings.

Facebook Instagram YouTube