fbpx

Reply To: Layer Shifts / Multi Material 50% Under Extrusion

Forums The Beast V1, V2 and Elevator 3D Printer Support Layer Shifts / Multi Material 50% Under Extrusion Reply To: Layer Shifts / Multi Material 50% Under Extrusion

mr.smr.s

I jumpered all 3 pin pairs and reverted back to 417.5 steps/mm for the extruder. I now extrude 25 mm, so 1/4 of what it’s supposed to be. It seems like it’s acting as a 64 steps/mm driver now (!)

So for the extruder I have:

Jumpers Steps/mm Movement

All 3 417.5 25mm

3rd 417.5 50mm

Furthermore, the z axis, which originally had all three jumpers and was correctly moving 100mm at 3200 steps/mm before, when using just the jumper on the third pair of pins now moves exactly twice as much, which points to a 16 microsteps/mm behavior. If only the third pair jumpered defaulted to 32 microsteps I would expect there to be no change, unless the 3200 steps/mm is wrong.

So for the z axis I have

Jumpers Steps/mm Movement

All 3 3200 100mm

3rd 3200 200mm

If 3200 is the supposed value, I don’t see any consistency in the behavior of this board with these drivers (all drivers are the same V2 model).

I didn’t try all 3 jumpers for X and Y drivers, but with just the third pair of pins jumpered and 80 steps/mm the movement is the correct 100mm.

Do you make any sense out of this? If not, could you link to a valid replacement for the drivers?

As a side note, in doing my tests, I noticed that both extruders move when sending the G1 E100 command. Is this right?

Is there some command that enables/disables T0 and T1 that I should send in order to test each extruder individually?

Facebook Instagram YouTube