fbpx

Reply To: Setting Stepper Motor Current (vref) and what it has to do with Belt, Wheel and Extruder tension (among other things)

Forums The Beast V1, V2 and Elevator 3D Printer Support Setting Stepper Motor Current (vref) and what it has to do with Belt, Wheel and Extruder tension (among other things) Reply To: Setting Stepper Motor Current (vref) and what it has to do with Belt, Wheel and Extruder tension (among other things)

joshdp21joshdp21

Hi everyone!

I am still chasing my underextrusion problem on my Beast V1.2. I replaced my hotend with a spare and the clogging was resolved (yay). But I was still seeing basically 0 extrusion, and looking at the extruder gear- it did not appear to be turning while running a test print. I thought it may be that it was just slipping due to the back pressure caused by the initial layer. I took the DCV reading across the pot screw and ground for my extruder motor and was only getting a reading of 0.78V. Turning the pot did not seem to change anything. Please see that attached picture. Am I measuring the voltage correctly? (Note: I took the reading while a test print was running)

Thanks for any help!

Facebook Instagram YouTube